BRAINERD GOLF TRAIL
The Brainerd Golf Trail courses are all within a 45 minute drive of each other, with 300+ holes of golf on eighteen sites.
WHAT DO GOLFERS SAY ABOUT THE BRAINERD GOLF TRAIL?
* Golf Digest readers who've played the Trail call it one of the "Top 50 Golf Destinations in the World." - Golf Digest
* "The Brainerd Golf Trail and its outstanding golf courses and resorts speak for themselves but what really separates this area from other golf destinations is the overall quality experience these resorts provide. It's as good as it gets!"
- Golf Magazine
* "Golf courses in Cabo San Lucas, have the ocean. Golf courses in Scottsdale, have the desert. Golf courses in Brainerd, Minnesota have a unique blend of lakes and woods but without the sticker-shock of the greens fees in Cabo or Scottsdale. The Brainerd Golf Trail is excellent golf at reasonable prices."
- Jon Roe, Freelance writer who covered golf for the Minneapolis Star Tribune for more than 30 years
* "I've played 20 of Golf Digest's top 100 public courses, including seven of the top 16, and I can honestly say that the Brainerd Golf Trail courses rank with the best in the country," said Gregg Wong, the former long-time golf writer with the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "And in terms of value, I can tell you that if those courses were in one of the hotbeds of golf like Arizona, Florida or the Carolinas, you'd pay twice as much. Midwest golfers are getting great golf courses at a great price compared with most of the courses on the top-100 list."
- Gregg Wong, former long-time golf writer for the St. Paul Pioneer Press
Six of the Trail's facilities have received honors such as:
"Top 100 Courses You Can Play" - Golf Magazine
"Top 50 Golf Resort" - Golf Digest
"Best Courses in State" - Golf Digest
"Top 10 New Public Courses in the Nation - Golf Magazine
"Best New Public Upscale Golf Course in North America" - Golf Digest
"Best Environmental Golf Course in the World" - Audubon International Signature Program
"One of America's Best 40 Resort Courses'" - Golf & Travel Magazine
"World's Largest Audubon Signature Sanctuary" - Audubon International Signature Program
"Midwest Course of the Year" - Midwest Golf Course Owners Association
"Minnesota's #1 Public Course"- Golf Digest
"Minnesota's Top Ranked Golf Resort" - Golf Digest
Named among the top 50 golf destinations in the world by Golf Digest
Host to the USGA Amateur Sectional Qualifying Championship - 2001
Host to the MGA Players' Championship - 2003
Host to the MGA Team Championship - 2003